Where there is moisture, there is mold. Damp environments can cause a multitude of health problems for some people. For those who are sensitive to mold it can cause throat irritation, nasal problems, breathing difficulties and irritation of the eyes or skin. Many people have allergies to specific types of mold and it can also seriously harm individuals with compromised immune systems. Considering how harmful mold can be, we have listed the four best ways in which you can lower the humidity in your home.
- Ventilate bathrooms, laundry areas and kitchens. Take cold or shorter showers. Use the ventilation hood on your stove to reduce the moisture from cooking and doing dishes.
- Thoroughly clean and dry after any large amounts of water leak into your home. It is especially important to use diligence when drying after a flood, as this can be the beginning of major problems with mold.
- Put plants outside. Plants have to be watered and are a definite source of moisture in the home; they’ll enjoy the outside air as well.
- Lastly, see our dehumidifiers that are available for purchase and installed by a professional at Reese.
It is important to control the humidity in your home to protect your investment and your health. Call Reese today at 678-255-6073 or click here for a free in-home estimate and to discuss our options for whole home or single use dehumidifiers.